Welcome to the ultimate Mexico travel guide on and off the beaten path!
Mexico has been my second home for more than a decade. I have lived in Cancun and have been driving around most of the country and I am excited to share everything I know about it. We will cover both the most authentic off-the-beaten-path areas and more touristic, but worth exploring places. It is my life mission to help you travel around Mexico like a pro!
DISCOVER THE TOP MEXICO DESTINATIONS
Together we’ll explore the mystic cenotes, the hidden Mayan ruins, colonial cities, hidden waterfalls, hiking trails, and much more! Stay with me. I will take you by the hand through this journey across spectacular Mexico!
CHOOSE YOUR MEXICO STATE
TULUM | CANCUN | PUERTO VALLARTA | QUINTANA ROO | YUCATAN | CAMPECHE | CHIAPAS | OAXACA | PUEBLA | JALISCO | BAJA CALIFORNIA | MEXICO CITY | CHIHUAUA | SAN LUIS POTOSI | GUERRERO | MORELIA | VERACRUZ | HIDALGO
- Mexico travel tips that you should read before traveling to Mexico
- How to get to Tulum from Cancun
- How to get to Playa del Carmen from Cancun
- How to get to Cozumel from Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and Cancun
- What you should know about the Mexican Culture before traveling to Mexico
- A local guide on Mexican food culture and traditions
WHY MOVING AROUND MEXICO BY CAR IS MY FAVORITE OPTION
You will read very often in many posts how I am an advocate of renting a car and moving around at your own pace because it gives you the freedom to explore hidden gems on your own (yes, even as a solo female traveler, like me) terms without waiting for others or getting rushed.
There are some areas in Mexico where it is more advisable to join organized tours (and I talk about it in the posts as well) but many other areas such as the Yucatan Peninsula of Baja California, the Oaxacan Coast, or around Sayulita and Puerto Vallarta where it’s very advisable and safe renting your own car.
When it comes to renting a car, I recommend Discover Cars rental because they give you the option to compare prices among different companies and choose the more convenient one. They have great reviews as well.
Browse through international and local car rentals and find the best deal.
ABOUT THE EDITOR
Hey, this is me in the picture, at the bottom of the spectacular waterfall El Chiflon in Chiapas. I am Isabella, pleased to meet you! I was born and raised in Italy but moved out in my 30s to explore the world. Mexico chose me twice, and after the second time, I have never left. I lived in Cancun for 7 years and backpacked around Mexico for 10 months, exploring its diverse territory and culture, the different traditions, and falling in love every day. There are so many unique places to visit in Mexico, and I have created this site to show them all to you. I am still traveling in and out of Mexico, and I always find something new to explore. Learn more about me
As seen in
- Uxmal Ruins Complete Guide: Price and Info 
- The Best Hotels on the Riviera Maya 
- Things to do in the Riviera Maya
- Cenote Cristalino Playa del Carmen, Prices and Info 
- Where to Stay in Uxmal Mexico in 2023
- San Felipe Baja California Travel Guide: Know Before You Go
- Cenote Cristal & Cenote Escondido Full Guide: Prices & Info
- Aldea Zama Tulum Rentals + Travel Guide
- Where to Stay in Calakmul Biosphere: 5 Amazing Hotels
- How to Visit the Calakmul Biosphere and Mayan Ruins
- The Coolest Airbnb in Mexico in 2023
- How to Get from Playa del Carmen to Isla Mujeres: 6 Best Options